Tuesday, November 19, 2013

K-Drama: Medical Top Team


I've been way behind with my posts. Sorry guys... :( Anyway, here is another review or my opinion for the Korean drama Medical Top Team..

Medical Top Team Poster

Here is a synopsis I got from http://wiki.d-addicts.com

A drama about the journey of creating Korea’s best multidisciplinary medical team and the stories of doctors inside. Characters who have different hurts and dilemmas struggle as they get to work together and gradually learn that healing a person is healing oneself.
This drama will center around Paran Hospital's unpaid doctor Park Tae Shin, a skillful medical surgeon who has a warm heart but straightforward to a fault. He is doing good deeds and works as an unpaid doctor for a struggling hospital and attempts to help it gain solid footing by joining the medical staff at Gwang Hye University Hospital

I'm not a big fan of medical dramas because they are too technical, but I gave this drama a try since I know all the cast members in this drama. SHINEE Minho is here also Kwon Sang Woo and Jung Ryeo Won so I thought that this will be a good drama to try.
This drama has 20 episode and is currently on its 12th episode. It is aired by MBC Network. The drama is under medical genre and focuses on Gwang Hye University Hospital's dream of gathering the best doctors and form a group, which is called "Top Team". The drama has a lot of operating room action and dramas which is very common to medical dramas. 

The story is about the problems and issues inside the hospital, this drama not only shows the drama between the doctor, patient and the operating room but also the issues doctors face with the hospital organization or the higher authority. For some doctors, the reason they want to be a doctor is to help and save people's lives but for other doctors and hospital authorities it is all about the fame, money and pride the hospital can have.

My Thoughts:
If you guys are my regular reader, you guys know I do love rom-com and mystery dramas, so watching this drama is just a "try" for me. Since I wasn't that bored watching the "Good Doctor", I thought that maybe this will also be a good try for me, but I honestly don't like the drama. It doesn't have that much love lines between the characters and the drama is just really way too serious for me. And since it has a lot of medical terms, it just got to boring for me. This drama is a hit or miss kind of drama and for me it's a miss. Sorry Medical Top Team. :(

What do you guys think of this drama?

Signed,
Ria <3

1 comment:

  1. Hello. This is A.K.I.A. Talking…
    Thanks for the great review of Medical Top Team 메디컬탑팀! I enjoyed it a lot.
    I added it to my collection of reviews for the show. The show has now an average score of 40%.
    Here is a link to the page if you would like to give it a look:
    http://www.akiatalking.com/2014/12/medical-top-team-2013-db.html
    Thanks again for the review. If you want to do something with my blog, please contact me.

    ReplyDelete